Hi! My name's Eric, and I'm a sophomore. This commonplace book is going to be a place where I try to make some sense out of this complicated world. At some point in our lives, we have those moments when we try to answer life's toughest questions. Most of the time, the answers will elude our grasp. I believe, however, that every time we try to answer these questions, we are slowly and inevitably moving towards a greater understanding of both these questions and ourselves. I'll try my best to explore these questions, knowing that I might never discover the answers.
Well, enough about that. Let me introduce myself more thoroughly! I was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii. I am a second generation Chinese, my parents immigrated to America in their youth. I have two favorite subjects: Math and Chinese. I enjoy math because I like working with numbers. Chinese allows me to learn more about my heritage through the language. Outside of school, I play the piano and the violin. I started the piano when I was six, and I started the violin when I was ten. Playing these instruments has led me to have a passion for music, mainly classical music. A few of my favorite composers include Haydn, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, and Rachmaninoff. Besides classical, I also enjoy listening to the Soft Rock genre.
Thanks for Reading!
Eric
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment