Sunday, February 25, 2007

Reflection

During this quarter, we set up our blogs and learned how to use them effectively to communicate our ideas and thoughts. Personally, I like the blogs. They allow a different kind of freedom than the journals do. Since my life is sort of based around technology, it feels more comfortable to be using a medium like technology to write. They allow more freedom in the sense that I can post when I want to. It also keeps our class connected because we have access to everyone's blogs.
I have sort of gotten into the blogs, but I think that I could become even more involved. I hope that in this next quarter I can write more about what is going on in my life, rather than only posting homework assignments.


I think that I haven't really answered my essential questions yet. This blog should be a place where I try to find the answers in my posts. However, I haven't been carefully looking. Now that I look back, I can see that it is time to start thinking about the answers to these questions. I might not be able to find them, but I think that at least looking for them will bring about some progress.

After reading Elise's post on her thoughts about the blog, I think that I agree with her point of view. Although we are connected, we haven't really used our blogs in order to discuss the essential questions with others. The most we've done is leave comments and questions that inspire further thinking. It would be really great if we could start using the blogs to share more of our viewpoints with each other.

Now I am going to look back on all my posts.
The "This I Believe" podcast was not so successful. I am going to have to fix it in class. I am pleased with my descriptive writing passage. i believe that I captured the detail of everything I saw and heard before me pretty well. I also thought that writing this passage was very fun. I am also happy with my This I Believe post. I believe that I wrote passionately about what I believe in, and that it shows. The feedback I got on the post was bery constructive. Sho suggested that I make it more clear as to why I love music so much. I will definitely think about it. The post that I wrote after listening to several "This I Believe" podcasts was good in that I felt that I analyzed them pretty carefully. I felt that writing about them helped me to really understand the meaning of these podcasts. I felt that I conveyed my emotions successfully in the post about Richard Goode's concert. I just hope that people can understand what I was writing about! The water buffalo story gave me chance to compare two different forms of media that dealt with the issue of world poverty. I was able to formulate a point of view, and it gave me the chance to support my point of view.

No comments: