Wednesday, February 14, 2007
The Skyline
I can feel a gentle breeze passing through. Through the hair, the body, the soul. There are sounds of nature that envelop me in their wholesomeness. Birds chatter amongst each other, while young children converse with each other. The wind persuades the wind chime to sing a song. Its simple melody is not simple at all, it is a collection of different tones and harmonies. As I look out, the sky is painted a brilliant orange-red color. The clouds scatter throughout the sky, adding texture to the overall painting. Diamond Head looms in the distance, the slopes dotted with green specks that signal the coming of springtime. The sky is no longer such a brilliant orange-red. Slowly but surely, the sky turns pitch black. It is the end of one world, and yet, another one arises. Lights start to turn on, building by building. What was darkness is now illumination. I watch in wonder as the scene before me becomes brighter and brighter. Now, it is complete. I see a bright skyline before me. This is what I see from the lanai.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ah... wish i can see for myself
Sounds really cool because I also have a good view from my house (I live on a mountain.)
Post a Comment